SPRINT - 3rd Edition 2016: LSE's Guidelines
Specific requirements for submission of proposals by researchers from the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
FAPESP and LSE signed a Cooperation Agreement for Research on November, 26, 2014, aiming to implement scientific and technological cooperation between researchers from the LSE, UK and from the State of Sao Paulo, Brazil, through the funding of joint research projects.
Under the referred Agreement, as an action to promote such collaboration, FAPESP and LSE make public this Call for Proposals for the exchange of faculty and postdoctoral researchers, under the terms and conditions of the SPRINT 3rd Edition 2016 (www.fapesp.br/sprint/call32016) and hereinafter set forth.
1. Eligibility criteria for participation from LSE side
1.1 Eligibility to submit proposals within the scope of this Call:
a. Applicants (Principal Investigators) must be permanent members of LSE faculty and have the support from the Head of Department/Centre Director.
1.2 Eligibility for the exchange activities within the scope of this Call:
a. Applicants (Principal Investigators) must be permanent members of LSE faculty. Participation in the project is open to all LSE staff.
b. Proposals must aim to respect the principle of reciprocity with regard to academic qualifications of those who will take part in the exchange activities.
2. Eligibility of research partners in the State of São Paulo should observe items 3.1 and 7.1 of FAPESP call (www.fapesp.br/sprint/call32016).
3. Fields of knowledge
This Call for Proposals invites research proposals in the social sciences and humanities. Applicants are welcome to consider collaborations with other disciplines.
4. Duration of the project for the exchange of researchers
The maximum duration of each project is up to 24 months.
Call announced by FAPESP and LSE
Closing date for submission of proposals
Successful proposals notified after
6. Funding principles
FAPESP will provide funding of up to the equivalent of US$ 10,000.00 per proposal per year and LSE will provide funding of up to US$ 10,000.00 per proposal per year for the duration of the grant (maximum 2 years) to cover research-related and mobility expenses, under the provisions of Clause 5 of the Scientific Cooperation Agreement established by the Parties (www.fapesp.br/en/9226).
7. Proposal characteristics for LSE researchers
LSE faculty may apply for support to establish and develop long-term collaboration with researchers from the State of Sao Paulo around a specific jointly defined research project.
Proposals may include a range of related activities such as
- Implementation of joint research projects on topics of mutual interest, exchanging knowledge and results;
- Organisation of scientific seminars, specialized workshops, symposia and other scientific meetings of mutual interest, to promote interaction between academic researchers at LSE and institutions and research groups in the State of Sao Paulo, with the goal of identifying and developing future areas for cooperation;
- Any other activities of scientific exchange which will help prepare the ground for the development of joint research proposal between academic researchers and research teams from the State of São Paulo and from LSE.
Eligible costs include research expenses, research assistance and subsistence (travel, accommodation and subsistence costs) in accordance with LSE’s Financial Regulations. For further information please discuss your project idea and resources with Research Division.
8. Submission of proposals to LSE
Proposal must be submitted in WORD format to email@example.com by 31st October 2016. Eligible proposals must include an application form, a case for support, a budget justification and a CV of the lead researcher in the partner organisation.
9. Announcement of results
10. Contract for selected projects by LSE
Selected proposals will subject to the conditions set forth in the LSE’s Research Infrastructure and Investment Fund (RIIF) Scheme Guidance notes.
11. Information about this call at LSE
All questions related to this Call for Proposals must be directed to: