Memorandum of understanding between FAPESP and Technical University of Munich Versão em português
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING ON ACADEMIC COOPERATION AND EXCHANGES BETWEEN THE SÃO PAULO RESEARCH FOUNDATION, BRAZIL AND THE TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF MUNICH, GERMANY
1. The São Paulo Research Foundation, established by Law nº 5.918, of October 18th, 1960, with headquarters at Rua Pio XI, 1500, Alto da Lapa, São Paulo, SP, enrolled in CNPJ/MF under nº 43.828.151/0001-45, herein represented according to article 11, “a” of Law nº 5.918, combined with its General Rule approved by Decree n° 40.132, of May 23, 1962, represented by its President, Prof. Dr. José Goldemberg, in the exercise of the powers delegated by Act of the Governor of the State of São Paulo, published in the Official Gazette of the State, of August 22st, 2015, hereinafter referred to as “FAPESP” and the Technical University of Munich, hereinafter referred to as “TUM”, in furtherance of their mutual interests in teaching and research, and as a contribution to increased international co-operation between them, hereby agree to implement, within the framework of the regulations applying in each of the institutions and subject to the availability of resources, the following programmes and activities:
(i) Exchange of existing staff
(ii) Joint research activities
(iii) Participation in seminars and academic meetings
(iv) Exchange of publications, academic materials and other information
(v) Joint quality assurance benchmarking.
2. The terms and conditions under which a specific programme and activity shall be undertaken under the terms of this Agreement, and any necessary financial arrangements to facilitate these, will be mutually discussed and agreed upon in writing by both parties prior to the initiation of the particular programme or activity.
3. The institutions acknowledge that all visits of staff will be subject to compliance with entry and visa regulations of Brazil and Germany, and the institutions’ requirements with respect to staff appointments.
4. Both parties shall designate a liaison office for this Agreement. For FAPESP the office shall be the aforementioned headquarters at São Paulo and specific programmes and activities shall be recommended by the FAPESP´s Scientific Director. For TUM, this Office shall be the IGSSE management office, Boltzmannstraße 17, D-85748 Garching, Germany, and specific programmes and activities shall be recommended by the IGSSE Director.
5. This Agreement shall become effective for a period of five (5) years from the date of the last signature, on the understanding that subject to review and mutual agreement it may be renewed for another term of five years upon each expiry. However, it may also be terminated by either party giving six months’ prior notice to the other party in writing.
And since the FAPESP and TUM agree with the statements and conditions set forth above, they sign four (4) original copies of this Memorandum of Understanding, two (2) in Portuguese and two (2) in English. In case of conflicting interpretation of the agreement, the English version will be mandatory.
IN WITNESS THEREOF, the parties hereto have offered their signatures:
International Faculty Recruiting and Career Programs - TUM