SPRINT – 1st Edition 2020: Guidelines National Research Foundation of Korea
0. Weblink for the call
1. Eligibility from NRF side
1.1 Eligibility to submit proposals within the scope of this Call:
PIs are required to be affiliated to a university or a research institute in Korea. The affiliated universities or research institutes should be under Article 2 of the Science Promotion Act.
1.2 Eligibility for exchange activities within the scope of this Call:
Researchers, post-docs and students.
• Applications should be submitted simultaneously to NRF by the researcher(s) in Korea and to FAPESP by the researcher(s) in the State of São Paulo, Brazil.
• The proposals must aim to respect the principle of reciprocity with regard to the academic qualifications of those who will take part in the exchange activities.
• Eligibility of research partners in the State of São Paulo should observe the items 3.1 and 4.2 of FAPESP call (www.fapesp.br/sprint/call12020).
2. Fields of Knowledge
This Call for Proposals invites research proposals in all fields of knowledge
3. Duration of the project for the exchange of researchers
The maximum duration of each project is 24 months.
Call announced by FAPESP and NRF: Jan 28, 2020
Closing date for submission of proposals: June 15, 2020
Successful proposals notified after: Sep 14, 2020
5. Funding principle
5.1. FAPESP will provide funding of up to the equivalent of USD 10,000.00 (ten thousand Dollars) per proposal per year and NRF will provide funding of up to USD 10,000.00 (ten thousand Dollars) per proposal per year, for the duration of the grant to cover research-related mobility expenses, under the provisions of Clause 5 of the Scientific Cooperation Agreement established by the Parties (en/13651).
5.2. FAPESP and NRF will fund a maximum of 4 approved proposals.
6. Proposal characteristics for NRF researchers
Applicants in Brazil should submit to FAPESP according to FAPESP application procedure and guideline and Applicants in Korea should submit to NRF according to NRF application procedure and guideline.
In the case of applicants in Korea, they should prepare for their proposals after checking the application form and requirements from NRF.
7. Submission of proposals to NRF
Submissions can only be accepted via e-rnd system of NRF. https://ernd.nrf.re.kr
8. Result of the analysis
9. Contract for selected projects by NRF
Selected proposals will subject to NRF guidelines for contracting.
10. Grant cancellation
FAPESP or NRF may cancel funding if, during the grant timeframe, a significant event justifies its cancellation in the assessment of the Joint Steering Committee, without prejudice of any other appropriate actions.
11. Information about this Call at NRF
All questions related to this Call for Proposals must be directed to NRF’s contact point for the program (firstname.lastname@example.org, +82 2 3460 5631/5703)