FAPESP announces call for eScience program Versão em português
FAPESP announce a call for research proposals for the new Research Program on eScience.
The call for research proposals is open to interested researchers associated to non-profit teaching and research institutions in the State of São Paulo. The main goal is to identify, select and broaden world-class, basic and applied research associated to the relevant topics described in the call.
Relevant topics for this call for research proposals are as follows. However, the call for proposals is not restricted to these topics and additional issues that fit in any eScience area are welcome.
- eScience algorithms and models
- Mathematical models
- Data-oriented approaches
- Digital repositories and data management
- Extreme scale approaches
- Cyberinfrastructure to support eScience
- Novel hardware
- Novel uses of cyberinfrastructure
- Software, services, protocols, and research tools
- eScience target domains, including:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Arts, humanities, and social sciences
- Engineering and physical sciences
- Bioinformatics, biology, and health
- Climate & earth sciences
- eScience practice and education
The intention of the program is to explore and create new knowledge and technology. Bold, novel, and unconventional approaches to the core science and technology challenges in the research areas approached are encouraged.
Applications should be submitted to the FAPESP only through the SAGe (www.fapesp.br/sage) online system.
The total amount of resources available for the grants selected by this call for research proposals is R$ 4 million (approximately USD 1,6 million).
The last day to submit applications is April 28th, 2014.
The call for proposals is available at: www.fapesp.br/8354